Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

headrest removal

Search this Thread

Old June 12th, 2008, 12:20 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default headrest removal

does someone know how to remove headrest in 2000 silverado, extended cab, if it makes any difference. i got leather seats, passanger side seat shakes on bumps, and headrest prongs rattle ruthlessly inside the backrest. all my attempts to yank it out, or to find any latches failed so far. best i can do is to raise it up.
Old June 12th, 2008, 1:54 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: headrest removal

https://chevroletforum.com/first.asp?error=sess
Old June 13th, 2008, 2:52 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

test?
Old June 13th, 2008, 5:12 PM
CF Senior Member

all the link gives me is error message, can not display this page. so i'd love to test it and report, just donno what. a word or 2 maybe instead?
Old June 14th, 2008, 8:07 AM
Banned

sorry, been having problems with the forums lately.....there should be 2 pin hole at he bottom of both posts...use a paper clip or pick to depress the retainer then pull up on the headrest
Old June 14th, 2008, 7:04 PM
CF Senior Member

tried. used safety pin (no paperclip in the house) and awl. whatever is inside of those holes is rock solid, no luck.
is there a trick to that? it just hits something solid inside the hole.
bathroom door opening pick - same result. clicks, compresses something inside - headrest won't buldge.
Old June 15th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Banned

don't pull up on the head rest untill the clip is pressed in.....maybe try looking with a flashlight and moving the plastic piece a bit to try and get a location on the clip
Old June 16th, 2008, 7:34 AM
Ride of the Month
June 2008

never did it before on mine but after all this wanted to try it on my 07 well toothpick on one side and the lil button that lets it up and down on the other and it was pop out no if ands or buts
2 sec. with just a tooth pick.
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:01 AM
CF Active Member

Sorry about that link,I had trouble logging into the forums last week, and as a result I tried to reply 15+ times (copying and pasting) and I kept getting that error link, so I copied and pasted that link to a message to the forum admin. And when I tried to reply to this message again,I hit paste, and send figuring it wouldn't go through and if it did, I could just edit it. Well, it went through and wouldnt let me edit it, lol.

Anyways, you are going to need a beefy paper clip and press it into the hole *HARD* (when i removed my '04 headrestsI hurt my fingers pressing as hard asI had to for it to work) then pull up, you should feel it give. A safety pin concentrated all of the pressure onto a much smaller surface area and will mostly embed itself in the plastic release button rather than pressing it (same concept as a doctor using a needle to inject meds into your skin rather than something the size of a pencil eraser). It's hard but it should work.
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Ride of the Month
June 2008

as your pushing in on button lift up just a hair on the head rest all the presher is on that button and
when i put a toothpick in there to pop it out
i didnt even bend the wood at all
so unless yours is just rusted or something you shouldnt need to push that hard.
i barrlly pushed at all

Quick Reply: headrest removal