Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Heater help please

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2011, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater help please

Ok so in my 98 Silverado me and my uncle were putting a sound system and aftermarket radio on in truck.

While we were doing it the attena cord coming off the trruck hit something and caused it to smoke. I think it was the circuit board for the heater (the thing with the switches and **** on it to contol how hard it blows and how warm and where it blows)

So not thinking to much of it we finish the radio up and The heater still will blow air BUT it only blows cold air now : (.

And I live in AK and work at Mcdonalds so this is not good and hopefully will be something cheap I can do my self lol.

We checked the fluids they were good. Put a new theremostat in. But still no warm air.

Anyone got any ideas?
Old January 14th, 2011, 1:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd check fuses 1st, but it sounds like you may have fried the circuit board. Junkyard may have what you need. Again, check fuses, they are cheap to replace. Next time, disconnect the battery before doing any electrical work.
Old January 14th, 2011, 9:00 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its is probably an electronic climate control unit and you short circuited it internally. Look for a replacement on EBAY