Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

help with gas milage

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2011, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never heard of seafoam? i'll google it. Iridium plugs and all is snug

thanks
Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:05 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 07 4.8L 4400lb weight and get 450km to a 21 can gal tank.Bosch plat +4plugs ,k&n air filter,0 ohm plug wires and same tires.Have you considered a easier breathing air intake tube,I was going to make one from a 4" plastic drain pipe and fittings for about $20 . A tonneu cover or cap might be less wind drag if you dont have them.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:24 PM
CF Junior Member

country 09, have you used the seafoam stuff? i looked it up and i think i may try it out on my truck and our jeeps.

i wouldnt make an air intake out of just any plastic, especially if its going to attach to my throttle body. plastics that are used commercially for intakes are going to be a harder more heat resistant plastic. i am about to build my own out of aluminum tubing for this reason. of course i dont know what kind of drainage pipe your using and all so i could be off. but just in general most household plastics are not going to be what you would want under the hood.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 1:25 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hunt4X4
country 09, have you used the seafoam stuff? i looked it up and i think i may try it out on my truck and our jeeps.

i wouldnt make an air intake out of just any plastic, especially if its going to attach to my throttle body. plastics that are used commercially for intakes are going to be a harder more heat resistant plastic. i am about to build my own out of aluminum tubing for this reason. of course i dont know what kind of drainage pipe your using and all so i could be off. but just in general most household plastics are not going to be what you would want under the hood.
hey hunt. this is a video of my truck. and seafoam thru the intake. i know seafoam isnt cheap but i'd run a bottle thru the gas tank and one thru the intake. what i did was unplu the hose from my power booster to the back of the intake, let the truck idle while hose is unplugged from power booster, engine idle will die down, slowly let the hose use vacuum and suck the seafoam in. if you do too much at too little time the motor will die thus youll see in the video. any questions post here or pm me. good luck
YouTube - Cleaning Injectors on 04 Silverado
Old May 3rd, 2011, 7:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

seafoam will be the best bet on cleanin anything internally..not hard to use. just as explained above and you'll be good to go
Old May 3rd, 2011, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

ok hers the deal seafoam in tank and vacuum line fulltank of gas now to drive around and see what happens.

ummm....instead of just driving around sounds like a brook trout fishing trip yeah trout here i come......

cya later will let you guys know about the mileage.

Thanks too all for the replies.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:47 PM
CF Junior Member

sweet. alright i should know this one but what is the power booster? is it the small tube that goes from the air intake down onto the left 8 cylinders?
Old May 4th, 2011, 9:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunt4X4
sweet. alright i should know this one but what is the power booster? is it the small tube that goes from the air intake down onto the left 8 cylinders?
power booster aka vacuum line is right next to the brake fluid resevior...a line that runs from the back of the intake to a big black circular deal...not hard to find. its right by the firewall on the drivers side
Old May 5th, 2011, 1:06 AM
CF Junior Member

o ok thanks i hadnt heard power booster before but i know the vacuum line. thanks that helps
Old May 6th, 2011, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

ok well looks like that may have done it a;thou i have done some off roading I am still abouve 1/4 tank and have gone about 300 so i figure if i do all high way it should be back up close to what i used to get.

Quick Reply: help with gas milage