Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Help with my Head lights!!

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2010, 12:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my Head lights!!

Hey so i am doing a full restoration to my 89 chevy 1500. I need 2 new headlights (composite) and i have been looking at the halo headlights and was wondering if anyone knew if i could run my HID's in them.And i see that in the pic on Ebay that theres like a square led beam or something.Whats that? Im looking to get some newer looking headlights that are the same price or cheaper than LMC's prices.HALO CARBON HEADLIGHTS
heres what i was looking at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33710
Old April 23rd, 2010, 8:17 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe im blind but i couldnt see the square led beam. because some headlights are made differently it may or may not melt your housing if you run hids. i had a pair of projector headlights for my 04 silvy that were black jdm headlights and it didnt melt the housing at all. but before you spend the money make sure you can run hids. it looks like the housing just houses normal halogen bulbs. imo i would think you could run hids. now i have smoked lenses with hids and the headlights had normal halogen bulbs when i got them. and make sure you get the right bulb number.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the Halo's on my 08 and when I was looking around on eBay there were regular pairs and there were HID pairs. The HID pairs were normally an extra $75 or so. You could probably change those to the HIDs but I agree with s34n, it could melt the housing. As far as the blue rectangular light, thats more or less for show, the bulb is what you're actually going to see on the road. You can hook the halo portion of the lights to the DTRLs or you can hook them up to the high beams, that your choice on the wiring.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you dont want to do that you could always wire up your own switch for the halos. if you're looking to get hids. the hids would be too bright to see the halos. defeating the purpose of the halos. i believe the halos will have separate wiring from the headlight it self so you could wire tap them into whatever light you'd like. good luck. but like i said if money is a factor get in contact with the manfacturer. although the headlights i had said i couldnt hids not allowed. i ordered a hid kit for the same bulb and ran them haha but its up to you if you want to chance it.