Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Help with spray in bed liner

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2010, 11:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with spray in bed liner

Ok, long story made short. My father owns a body shop and I had mentioned I was going to have a spray in bed liner put in my truck. One of the guys said he would do it for me and charge me for the materials. I got my truck back and it looked great. The next day, I knew something was wrong when i could imprint my thumb nail in the sprayed on rail caps. I found out the guy had sprayed on rubberized undercoating instead of bed liner material. My pops called the manager at the paint store who in turned called their distributor. No one had seen this done before and they didn't know what would happen if the bed liner material was sprayed on top of the undercoating material. Removing all that undercoating is going to be a mess.

Has anyone had this done and had the bed liner material sprayed on over top the undercoating. Our fear is the liner material will easily scrap off as the undercoating material is currently doing.

Anyone that has actual, real world experience with this, I would welcome your input.