Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:18 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Help with Viper 5704V remote start install

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2013, 9:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Viper 5704V remote start install

I have a 2011 chevy silverado and a viper 5704v alarm / remote start that I got for a christmas gift. Local installers are telling me $250 for the install which im fine with BUT another $250+ for a 2 way bypass module and some other harnesses. Can someone please tell me the exact 2way bypass module and replays I need so I can purchase them online for much cheaper. Im having a hard time finding any that are for a 2011 or what I actually need as noone wants to tell you the part #'s but all claim they are a lot cheaper online...wink wink and laugh.....WTH????

Thanks
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:45 AM
CF Beginner

Anyone?
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Former Sponsor

The ones that I have seen for these are the following:
A2C 775 Universal Automotive Relay : Amazon.com : Automotive A2C 775 Universal Automotive Relay : Amazon.com : Automotive

Amazon.com: Universal Immobilizer Bypass for Remote Start: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Universal Immobilizer Bypass for Remote Start: Car Electronics

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by TRUCKDIVA; January 17th, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old January 17th, 2013, 5:24 PM
CF Beginner

Just a suggestion, try calling sonic electronix, don't have their number handy but they are easily found on a google search. I have dealt with them for a number of years on several different products and found them to be extremely helpful and reasonably priced.

The module you are referring to is necessary because your vehicle has an anti theft program in it which requires a certain resistance value to be sent to the computer. If the computer does not sense the resistance value it will lock out. This signal is generated when the key is in the ignition and turned on. They have about a dozen different values and there is no way of knowing which your vehicle has.

The additional module somehow figures out the necessary value and essentially jumpers that circuit to fool the computer into thinking that the key is in and turned on. Hopefully this helps you to understand what is going on. The installer is correct in that it needs one but it sounds like they are a little overpriced.

An additional word of caution. If possible, unless you are familiar with the installer, check with people that have had work done by them as I have seen some pretty ugly wiring jobs by "professional" installers.