Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

I got the truck! *large image files*

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2009, 11:11 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

That truck has most definately been in the midlands of NC all its life.
Old April 27th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Want to sell any tires molon?
Old April 29th, 2009, 8:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I've been busy at work and had not had a chance to give you an update. I'll answer some questions first, then an update with pics.

Just curious, but how did you get the yellow inspections sticker on a truck with standard tags?
It's the sticker the previous owner had on it Evan, so I am not sure tbh. I am planning on registering it in Oregon (My home state).

Of course, you made sure the winch works,right?
Yep, we made sure to test it out on the test drive. It's not as large as I would like ideally, but it is very handy. It slides right in to the receiver hitch, so I can unplug it and mount it to the rear hitch. Although I still need to work out how I would connect it to the battery if it was all the way in the back of the truck. Another project!

That truck has most definately been in the midlands of NC all its life.
Yea, the family that owned it lived near Fuquay Varina. I believe it was a hand-me-down truck from Dad, to oldest son, then their youngest son..

Want to sell any tires molon?
I'm not planning on selling the tires, but if you are in NC I can prob get you hooked up with some cheap tires through a friend of mine. I am still finding out the details myself, but it sounds like a good deal..

The exhaust was a mess... It was literally in pieces in the back of the truck. I decided to go ahead and have it fixed right the first time, rather than keep it rigged like it had been. I took it to a local exhaust shop, that has some experience with 4x4 exhaust systems. They worked quick, and did a good job on the bends etc. I had them run 2.5" pipe throughout and remove some unwanted components of the exhaust system. The mufflers are Thrush, and they sound great. I could have done a better job on the welds myself, but they still came out ok. All together it was $400. Here are the pics!

I also rerouted the winch cables. They looked pretty ratty with the overhand knot to the brush guard! Tucked up underneath the grille now. Here are the latest pics of the front.

That's it for now fellas. I appreciate all the feedback, keep it coming! More to follow in the next couple of weeks, provided the wife lets me keep spending!

- Kerry
Old April 29th, 2009, 9:11 PM
CF Beginner

yea u could have talked him down some more maybe with how the economy is, but thats not a bad looking truck for the money, consider the winch lift and rims, not too bad a deal
Old April 29th, 2009, 11:14 PM
CF Monarch

I'm not far from Fuquay at all. Probably about 25 miles. NC is definately a good environment for vehicles. Virtually no prolonged contact with road salts.

Its Evans, not Evan. Its my last name.
Old April 30th, 2009, 1:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah ill prolly be moving to NC here soon my companys moving me down there about a half hour from charlotte
Old April 30th, 2009, 3:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The winch is fine, then. Your truck is @ 3.5 tons. you need a winch with 1.5 times your truck's weight, the 6 ton winch has more than enough spare capacity.(3.5+1.75 =5.25 tons called for by standard formula) It's a MileMarker, a good quality name brand, and it works. You're good to go.
Old April 30th, 2009, 4:09 PM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

I don't think you should be allowed to take anymore pictures of it unless that pretty white paint is covered in mud. C'MON LET IT LOOSE!
Old April 30th, 2009, 4:17 PM
CF Monarch

Or until he can figure out how to post a picture instead of a billboard
Old April 30th, 2009, 4:31 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice buy! lol yea , I think I can see an ant on the ground there, Just playin

Quick Reply: I got the truck! *large image files*