Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

I need help with my projector lights.

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2009, 1:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help with my projector lights.

I just bought and installed some projector headlights on my '04 Silverado. It was made by Sonar, the projectors are on the outer part of the lights, and they came with halos, aka "Angel Eyes." They look great, but they do not aim high enough to the DOT standard. I have adjusted them to the max and it does not light up the road like other projectors. They are about 8 to 10 inches lower than where they should be. I am not getting the most out of the beam, the adjustment is limited, and it is hard to see past above the upper arc of the beam (not to mention dangerous). I am trying to avoid installing H.I.D.s, but this wont help the alignment. Does anyone have these lights? How did you fix the aiming problem? Is it just because of the height of the truck? Please advise.

Last edited by Mother Trucker; May 6th, 2009 at 3:12 AM.
Old May 6th, 2009, 8:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either your not adjusting it properly, or the slide is too far down meaning the headlights you bought are junk. Contact the company and find out if they can send you replacements.
Old May 6th, 2009, 8:34 AM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Sonar is typically a good product. You need to make sure the headlight is seated correctly on the radiator support.
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good point. I was assuming that he installed them correctly. Not always the case.
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is seated correctly and is even on both side, it is just shooting low. It is bright and fills about 25 feet out, but we sit so high in our truck. In the driver seat, it barely shoots pat the hood. Projector light beams are lit under the arc and is practically dark above the arc. By using the adjustment screws, the actual projector within the housing is loose. This is why the beam shoots down. I just thought I'm doing something wrong. A new set is arriving today, I thought a new strategy may help before I install and adjust the new set.