Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

I need help with new truck rebates!

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2009, 2:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help with new truck rebates!

Hi everyone!
Hope someone can answer my question. I plan on buying a new 2009 1500 ext. from a dealer this evening. They have got me set up with $8,900 of rebates and are going to pay off my current loan. A friend of mine at work just gave me her husbands "GM friends and family discount". I'll be using the rebate part of it. Will they let me combine the two rebates? It would help me get into a crew cab if possible. Baby is on it's way.

Thanks a ton guys.
Old October 29th, 2009, 3:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi Zral,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

Be very thorough if you do get the rebates, and keep good records of all the transactions. Keep them carefully on file until you get your title.

GMAC financing started calling me about a 6000$ rebate which I got when I bought the truck, but they somehow lost track of. They called me last month asking where my next payment went? We went round and round till they finally figured it out and rectified the problem.

The point is, if you don't have a careful record of your rebated purchase transaction, GMAC may try to tack that "forgotten" rebate on the end of your current payment schedule.
Old October 29th, 2009, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up

Wow! I'm really particular about my paper work. Scraps, postits, I save and file EVERYTHING. I just hope the dealership will use the GM friends/family discount ontop of the rebates they are quoting me.
Old October 29th, 2009, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Make sure it is in the contract that they will pay off you current loan. You won't believe how many people get screwed when the dealer says they will pay off a loan and they never do. I know of 2 people personally that that happened to now they are stuck with 2 payments . Good luck
Old October 30th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Just make sure they get everything from scraps and postits spelled out onto one piece of paper in the final draft of the contract. It's real easy to "lose " a postit.

Paying off your old vehicle is the law, they aren't allowed to finance their vehicle without paying off yours first.

I guess a couple phone calls verify they're doing the right thing might be in order.

Last edited by therewolf; October 30th, 2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old November 1st, 2009, 8:26 AM
CF Beginner

does anyone know if i can use the two rebates combined?