Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:40 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

I Want to Lift 07 Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 and need help

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2009, 4:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Want to Lift 07 Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 and need help

i am trying to find the best type of lift kit to put on my truck.. i have chevy sliverado 1500 crew cab 4.8L Vortec 4x4... i am newb to this portion and dont want to get some cheap stuff.. all i want is 4in to 6in lift.. now that i think about it prolly 6 so its more noticeable.. i want opinions on what type of lift, what brand kit, and what size tires and rims would be best.. i am looking for something that wouldnt be afraid of the mud if i got froggy but this would also be my every day driver so i dont want extremely loud *** tires.. i dont mind some noise as long as i cant hear it over my flowmasters im good... anything else would be greatly appreciated..
Old August 12th, 2009, 5:39 PM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by BRozier11
i am trying to find the best type of lift kit to put on my truck.. i have chevy sliverado 1500 crew cab 4.8L Vortec 4x4... i am newb to this portion and dont want to get some cheap stuff.. all i want is 4in to 6in lift.. now that i think about it prolly 6 so its more noticeable.. i want opinions on what type of lift, what brand kit, and what size tires and rims would be best.. i am looking for something that wouldnt be afraid of the mud if i got froggy but this would also be my every day driver so i dont want extremely loud *** tires.. i dont mind some noise as long as i cant hear it over my flowmasters im good... anything else would be greatly appreciated..
there are so many lift companies out there where to begin?as for a 4 inch rancho makes a good kit(they have nothing over 4 inch) a good 6 inch imho would be a pro comp,they make the lift that keeps the tires inside the wheel wells(unless you have 10 inch wide rims)fabtech lifts tend to push the tires out a bit.as for tires if you want quiet dont do muds as they ware they get real loud(atleast mine do with flowmasters)wheels and tires will all depend on what lift you do...iv'e seen a 6 inch with 20's under it ...i really dont like the whole 20's thing when you have tires mounted on them the look like hockey pucks(and tires on a 20 inch rim gives no love on the ride department..any pics of your ride?
Old September 30th, 2009, 3:22 PM
CF Active Member

Default 20's

Im on the same page as Red in that 20's and a 4x4 is rediculous. weight vs tire height, hope they have a good line on tires, rims and suspension parts.And agree there are lot of lift companys out there and alot of wheel and tire company's too
When i look for a lift , i look for a model and brand that has addressed ALL Issues that pertain to that specific application and does not sacrfice. duribility, drivability, safety,on and off road performance or additional ware or stress to drivetrain components. In todays lift and suspension up grades they have some really good lifts that have accomplished this and have provided the necessary components. remember though that the higher you lift, the more invasive to the truck it is I.E. Modification and full replacement to stock frame supports, suspension and steering components brake lines, drive shafts, steering shafts and electrical are needed sometimes to maintain the proper alignment, drivetrain geomitry, and systems function , So there is going to be some cutting ,grinding, and in some cases welding , electrical and fabrication involved . when liftinga truck and installing larger tires and rims not only is clearance an issue but suspension strength, engine size and gear ratio have to be a factor in deciding just how high and big to go and what is that trucks duty's from day to day, off road or daily driver, overkill can make it a real hassle in everday use and can have a real effect on the resale value of that truck, it really sucks when you have a big ride with no guts and deal with climbing up and down when loading the bed with grocerys tools or large heavy objects, the early kits offered were stiff riding, hard to handle and did not address axel travel, stability and drivability both on and off road. hard to drive and hard on parts those kits are still offered . so you need to take these factors, tires and wheel size, engine size, tranney, tranfer case, diff,steering drivetrain reliability, strength, and known weak point issues, trucks primary function day to day,and go from there in choosing a lift that meets your needs, how far,how much in money and labor is it going to take and how much you want or have to spend to reach that goal and have a functional, reliable, safe ride, ALL THAT CRAP SAID !! I like what Pro comp offered and its flexability when i lifted this 96 burb, I went with there 4" and run LT 285/75R16 Yokahoma Geolander A/T +III's together they hold the road pretty good in the weather DRY, RAIN, SNOW,SLUSH we have in colorado the tires have a pretty stiff sidewall to compinsate for tire height eliminating tire roll and handle extra traler weight well and are quite runners .Anything i figured I wanted past this height in a lift, i would apply in the form of a body lift, anyway.Having put it through its paces in daily use, offroad funtionability, towing ability the fact that its an established company thats been around a while the availability of parts if needed and considering the weight of my burb and the fact that i dont baby it i take it where i want and i like to put my foot into it and wake up the 454 once in a while. I feel it has done its job well in all departments HA that means i havnt broke it ..YET and Im pretty happy with the Pro Comp line of products VS. others i have used in the past. In this application anyway.Might be worth looking into!

Last edited by tm4hammer; September 30th, 2009 at 5:34 PM.
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Here is a pic of my wife's Silverado with a 6 inch Superlift, with a 2 inch leveling kit it the front to remove the "rake" sitting on 20 inch rims.
Do you think it looks ridiculous?

Old March 21st, 2013, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 20redfrogs
Here is a pic of my wife's Silverado with a 6 inch Superlift, with a 2 inch leveling kit it the front to remove the "rake" sitting on 20 inch rims.
Do you think it looks ridiculous?

What size rim and tire is your wife running??