Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

I'm sooo pissed!!! Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2009, 3:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm sooo pissed!!! Help!!!

Ok, I was getting out of the gym rite now (around 1am) and when I go my truck I notice some bastard stole my side mirror. They popped it out. It's the left side mirror with the built it turn signal!!! I'm so pissed!!! I would have seen who ever was doing it, I would have whopped their *** so bad!! I'm so upset! It's a 2008 crew cab silverado, lt2. How much is it gonna cost to replace it? Where could I find one?? thanks alot.
Old March 19th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

This would be one of the reasons I took ALL the trim off my truck, to make it harder for those rats out there to be certain just what they are stealing.

Fortunately, (if it's just the mirror) most large parts stores carry inexpensive replacements. It's a very common breakage item.
Old March 19th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Something like that may be covered by your insurance, might be worth checking into.
Old March 19th, 2009, 4:59 PM
CF Junior Member

I called my insurance, and they don't cover it. I called a few places and none really had an exact copy but a dealer. The dealer has it for 272.43$!! Then like 80 for installation! After tax its gonna be around 400. That's so ridiculous. I'm still pissed. Its so hard for me to drive also with out it.
Old March 19th, 2009, 5:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Whoever is was probably saw you enter the gym. Anybody got an 08 who's leaving as you're arriving? Anyone work near the gym who's parked nearby with an 08? Also, check with your dealer, some parts are laser-etched with the VIN at the factory to discourage theft.

My guess would be if they destroyed their mirror, they may have also sideswiped their truck,or have other body damage; If you see a crumpled 08 with a sparkly-new mirror, fishy-fishy.

Last edited by therewolf; March 19th, 2009 at 5:12 PM.
Old March 19th, 2009, 11:09 PM
CF Active Member

rivereye has to know sherlocke holmes lol
Old March 21st, 2009, 3:38 PM
CF Junior Member

I got it fixed. It cost 435.50!! All to replace a damn mirror! Can you believe it? I was cooled down for a little but it kinda got me upset to find out the cost of it. Sucks that people have to go steal something from someone because theyre too damn lazy to pay for it themselves.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 8:48 PM
CF Beginner

I feel for you man. I had the same issue time and time at my house. They were hitting my car right in my own driveway. I had to park my ride outside because I made my garage a game room for the kids. Finally I bought a covert camera and mounted it right above my car and I caught those punks. I hate people who steal. If you are interested in the camera I bought here it is! http://www.cablegiant.com/Default.as...Product_id=424