Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

I'm thinking of buying a '94 1500 Work Truck and I'm looking for some info.

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2014, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post I'm thinking of buying a '94 1500 Work Truck and I'm looking for some info.

So I'm possibly going to look at a '94 V6 Silverado work truck. Its Red, 2wd, regular cab, short bed. Knowing the guy who owned it I trust it to be in tip top shape mechanically. I have no idea what condition the body or interior is in. The guy wants like $1500 for it.

So, what is the truck actually worth assuming there is little to no rust and a decent interior? What should I look for when I go look at it? If I got it I'd swap out the grill and headlights with those of a non work truck model, and possibly get some rims at some point. I've got a Flowmaster 40 muffler just sitting in my garage, so I'd throw that on it. What are some simple cheap upgrades I could do to the truck for a little more power? What are some things it probably needs as soon as I get it? (Spark plugs, plug wires, oil change, trans fluid change?)

I don't know if the truck is a manual or an automatic, but im hoping for a manual. I don't know what kind of gears are under it. I dont really know much of anything about the truck. Just looking for whatever info you all might have.
Old July 29th, 2014, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say $1000 to $1500
If it was really nice on the inside and body was really good probably more.
good luck