Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Installing Auto Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2010, 11:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Auto Door Locks

I have recently purchased a beautiful '06 2500HD Crew Cab Long Box with the 6.0 engine. It is the LS package, and does not have power locks or windows. The windows don't bother me, but I would really like to install power locks. Do I have to go through the dealer and get GM factory parts or are there aftermarket alternatives? It would be nice to do an alarm at the same time as the power locks. Please let me know if you have any ideas.
Old January 14th, 2010, 6:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Google "keyless entry" you will find plenty of aftermarket kits. Look at Stylin trucks, Summit racing, and Slick car, they all have them too. Good luck.
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

did a quick google on the product I use....and came up with this. These work VERY well provided they are installed properly. When you lock and unlock the front doors with either the key form outside, or from the switch inside, all the doors lock and unlock so no need to mount a lock switch. Also there are inputs to use an external trigger(ie, an alarm) to activate the door locks.
http://www.buy.com/prod/audiovox-4-d...210382654.html
Check out www.directed.com for the best alarms out there
I was actually on Vipers website lately, and they now have a module that will work with an IPhone....lock, unlock, remote start, all from your cell phone
Old January 16th, 2010, 6:26 PM
CF Beginner

Awesome. Thanks Shawn. Exactly what I was looking for. I think I'll give a shot installing myself. I've got an electrician friend that will help with all of the wiring. I found anothe web site that had good step by step and picture instructions. If anyone has installed power locks before and have tips or tricks I would love to hear from you.