Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Intermittent lose of power...fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2009, 7:53 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent lose of power...fuel pump?

My '99 C2500 will intermittently lose power as if it's suddenly receiving no spark or fuel. If I back off the throttle completely, sometimes I can get it going again, other times I have to pull over and it'll stall. However, each time it starts right back up and it'll run fine anywhere from a few seconds to 10-15 minutes, then it starts all over again. This happened a couple random times over the last month or so but then started acting up regularly the other day. Also, over the last year or so, the truck would take 5+ seconds to start. Maybe fuel pump issue? I did a tune up yesterday consisting of platinum plugs, wires, cap & rotor, and fuel filter. Had my brother hook his scanner up to it, no codes found. Truck is a 5.7/auto, 2wd with 125,000 miles on it.
Old October 24th, 2009, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same kind of problems with mine but mine is a 91 k1500 sometimes it idles rough and anything more than have throttle feels like it is missing or starving for fuel. No codes show up either. I replaced the tps, map sensor, fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, egr and took the catalytic converter off. No difference what so ever. So if you find out whats wrong with yours let me know so i could give it a try...
Old April 17th, 2010, 7:41 AM
CF Beginner

Default same problem with 2002 Suburban

Did you find out what has causing truck to stall? Having the same problem with 2002 Surburban. It stalls when you try to accelerate after it has been running for about an hour.