Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Just Curious?

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2006, 4:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Curious?

Ok I have two questions!
1. I have a 2500 '95 cheyene with a 350 V8 manual transmission. My engine has a lot less power than other trucks of its nature it seems. Granted it has over 273,000 miles on it, but my engine is not the same as others. My truck red lines at 4 grand; other much higher. My father tells me that it is a 5.7L 350 but so is others I know. My engine is not near as capable as others. I know I have a lot more torque than they do because of the times we have hooked up and I pull them all around the parking lot: mostly due to my extremely low first gear. Its just not near as fast and not near as powerful it seems. What is so different about mine that separates it from others?
2. My A/C is blowing cold but not hard AT ALL, and sometimes not at all. I can reach down and tap on the unit under the dash in front of the passengers seat. Is my fan motor going out, and if so how much does it cost to replace it? Just to note again I have no problems with it being cold just how hard it blows.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 6:59 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just Curious?

first of all a 5.7l ans a 350 are the same thing. with that many miles on it i would say doing a good tune up on it with high quality plug wires and the rest my help with the preformance that you want. and yes it sounds like your fan. its a pain in the a$$ to fix cuse its under the dash behind your glove box i think.