Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Just installed a sub box....

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2007, 12:55 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed a sub box....

I just installed two subs in my 03' Silverado. The added base really makes the Bose system come alive. I found the sub box at subthump.com and installed two Kicker 10" CVR's and a Kicker ZX400.1 amp. Man this thing can thump but I'm careful not to **** anybody off. The box is pretty cool and fits perfectly under the rear seat. I will try and post a few pics if this site will let me.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3089/27B45D9A5A864F70BA7B00649FA54F84.jpg[/IMG]
Old May 31st, 2007, 12:59 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Just installed a sub box....

Pic #2

[IMG]local://upfiles/3089/8026AEF10908408A849EE232A9B6F209.jpg[/IMG]
Old May 31st, 2007, 9:50 AM
CF Active Member

Thats awesome, where did you get those boxes?
Old May 31st, 2007, 3:04 PM
CF Active Member

sm3earl
I bought the sub box on line http://www.subthump.comand Steve the owner is a good guy to deal with. The box is one piece and you just raise the rear seat and slid it in. The box holds two 10" subs and has a cool place to mount the amp in the center. Very clean setup. The best thing about itis when the seat is in thedown position you don't really notice it's there. They make boxes for all Chevy trucks Reg., Ext.and Crew Cabs even Ford, Dodge, Nissan and Honda. The fit and finish is perfect and one cool thing they can do is put SILVERADO on the front and it makes the box look likeOE. I would post more pics but I keep getting "File Too Large".
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:20 PM
CF Active Member

Gman, have you had any problems with the design of the speaker being in the downfire position? The only reason why i ask is because it looks like the speaker is sealed and there is no room for the air to move.

Another question, you had to upgrade the factory radio right? Did you get an adapter from somewhere so that there isnt a big hole in place of the stock radio? Can you post some pics please?
Old July 3rd, 2007, 4:43 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything but the hat looks great.
Old July 4th, 2007, 3:16 AM
CF Active Member

sm3earl
As for changing the stock Bose radio it's still stock but sounds a hell of a lot better now. Circuit City did the install of the wiring and did a nice clean job. I thought they would use an adaper behind the head unit to run the RCA's and amp turn onleadbut he did everything from the console where the stock amp is located. The downfiring speakers workgreat and the box is made with enough room under it to allow the speakers tothump just fine. I looked for several months but couldn't find a better made box and the sound you get out of it is awesome. It's fun to crank it up at the red lights and watch people trying to figure out where the base is coming from. They don't expect an old gezzer like me busting out Zeppelin. I would post more pics but this site gives me hell.
Old July 4th, 2007, 3:33 AM
CF Active Member

ZX
You don’t like my cap? Hey, the BOYS are going to the big show this year. We got a new coach (Wade Phillips) an exciting young quarterback (Tony Romo) and we still have TO. In 2009 Jerry’s new palace will be completed making it the world’s finest retractable roof football stadium which will host the 2012 Super Bowl. Man, it doesn’t get any better then that. That cap is about three years old it might be time to upgrade this year.