Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Kicker CVX's

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2011, 11:04 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kicker CVX's

I need a little audio help. id like to find speakers with a good bang to put in the back of my 97 Z71 extended cab. From what ive heard cvr's are really good shallow speakers. but ive heard cvx's are much better. but im not quite sure if theyll fit in a box under my back seats. does anybody know if theyll fit, and still allow the seat will still flip up and down.? i want t put 2 of them in 12" preferably, but 10" will do. i already have the jack box removed from the passenger side.
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

any good audio shop can build you a box that'll fit under the back seat. I have a few friends with your same year truck and they have 2 12s under the back. kicker's in general are good speakers, the CVX will do just want you want it. it's not really the size of the speaker but how much power from the amp you have goin to it. I could get one 10 and make it sound like my brothers 2 15s
Old September 4th, 2011, 8:34 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah. space makes bass . problem is you don't get a lot of room in an ext cab p/u.
if you have any other installation suggestion please let me know