Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Lemon....

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2010, 9:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon....

I hope I didn't buy a lemon. Have been coming across minor issues with my 05 silverado 4x4. In the process of trying to fix a few or at least try. Thanks to you guys who have been helping me with my water issue.

Here's 2 things that have come up. The front running light blinks when I use the turn signal but when I turn the lights on the light goes out and yet it still blinks when I use the turn signal. ??????

Next.... I had dome light problem that I fixed (left door wiring wasn't plugged in all the way on fuse panel) which has caused this.... Occasionally the light does not come on when I open the door, sometimes when I turn the truck off and open the door the radio continues to play which is not right. When these things occur I open and close the door which helps or jiggle the fuse box panel. ???? Any how sorry for being long winded just hoping I didn't buy a lemon.

Rocky
Old January 26th, 2010, 9:28 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you have a bad ground at the light usually it is lost at the socket. Also sounds like you need a new door pin switch.
Old January 26th, 2010, 9:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
Sounds like you have a bad ground at the light usually it is lost at the socket. Also sounds like you need a new door pin switch.
Haven't tried this yet but.... Was going to take bulb from the other side and see what happens. Wasn't sure if it would fix the problem but thought I would give it a try. Is the door pin hard to replace?