Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Less compression

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2012, 11:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Less compression

I have 50% less compression in port #6. My engine is running better as they reset the timing and some other things to make the engine run smooth.

Mechanics say I should use "restore" engine restore product on my next oil change...and I will notice an increase in compression.

In all of my research of blogs, most every one used restore to just get more life out of the engine where several months later the engine went bye bye. Or other boggers use it a couple times per year.

My question: Considering my compression issue, should I use "restore" and should I do it at every oil change, I don't know if 50% less compression in one port is bad...just going on the mechanics say so???
Old October 17th, 2012, 9:45 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have 50% less compression on 1 cylinder then the truck should have a dead misfire.
There is nothing in a can the will bring back that much compression. Any mechanic that would even suggest that must not be a very good one.