Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Lift kit questions

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2014, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit questions

hey guys i am interested in putting a lift into my 2007 (newer generation) silverado. dont really know a whole lot on lift kits so i am looking for some help as to what to put in. was leaning towards a 3inch suspension.. or would i be better off with just a level in the front, or even going any higher without having to put any extras in it. also any good brands anyone would reccommend where i would get a good bang for my buck.
- all input is appreciated. thanks alot!
Old June 6th, 2014, 3:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Lift

It all depends on what you want your truck lifted for. If you want to go to a little bigger tire and want some tire clearance, I would go with a leveling kit. If you are going off road and want suspension clearance and a lot bigger tire, I would go with a 4 inch or more lift.
Old June 6th, 2014, 8:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default lift

Originally Posted by SEEJAY-5
It all depends on what you want your truck lifted for. If you want to go to a little bigger tire and want some tire clearance, I would go with a leveling kit. If you are going off road and want suspension clearance and a lot bigger tire, I would go with a 4 inch or more lift.

yeah I was thinking about the 3 cause I heard that's as high as you can really go without adding in a lot of extras. I more or less jus want to be able to slide a bigger tire in there and make my truck look alittle meaner. any input on good lift brands to go with? thanks for the reply I appreciate it
Old June 7th, 2014, 1:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Levelin kit wise top gun customz or ccm offroad are reasonably priced. Both offer 3" kits as well. 4"-6" lift wise BDS, rough country has a 5" kit that's very cheap price wise but a solid kit, pro comp, and a few others. If 2wd look into a spindle lift, increased ground clearance and usually are 3.5"-4" lift from em
Old June 7th, 2014, 7:30 AM
CF Beginner

I have a Rough Country 2 inch leveling kit on my Silverado. It gave me room to increase my tire size from 265-70-17s to 285-70-17s. And the level looks better.