Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Light bulbs and hood protectors.....

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2007, 9:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light bulbs and hood protectors.....

I have 2 questions for all you fellow truck owners out there:

1) How the heck do you change the light bulbs ona 07 NBS(900) Chev Silverado? I dont have to do it yet, but it sure does not look easy by any means. Is there a way to first remove the hole entire headlight assembly? That seems like it would make it alot easier, but I have no idea?

2) I recently purchased a stampede hood deflector, and it is causing some crazy noises at highway speeds. Sounds like a really loud tapping on the windshield along the passenger side. My best guess is the weatherstripping that runs along each side of the windshield. What could I use to hold them down? I have heard someting about double sided tape, but I cant imagine getting that under there properly. What about some sort of glue or someting. I dont want to wreck my windshield or the weatherstripping.
Old October 15th, 2007, 10:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Light bulbs and hood protectors.....

I tried a Stampede hood deflector and I had the same noises and mirror vibration on both sides. I have a Stampede on my 2000 Burb and didn`t have any trouble. I took the one for the NBS 07 back and will be looking for another one.
Old October 16th, 2007, 7:24 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Light bulbs and hood protectors.....

I havent even looked at how the bulbs are removed, however, if theyre like my 04 then you do not need to remove the entire assembly, just twist the light bulb bundle where it enters the assembly 1/4 turn, and it should then pull out, again I havent even looked yet, but if its the same, then that'd be the easiest way to do it.

I'm not entirely sure of what you mean with the hood deflector with weatherstriping, try this though, go to the passenger side of your truck, and take a piece of clay (like the size of a pea or something) and bend the wing of the deflector until it touches the paint, now, take the clay and put it on that spot and smush it flat to the size of a nickel or quarter, then take it out on the highway, then when you come back, look to see if the clay has any marks in it, if so, your hood deflector is hitting your hood, if this is the case, then go out and get glass table feet (those little pieces of silicon/clear plastic that is on the underside of a glass table to help it from slipping, theyre about the size of a pea if you cut it in half) and place that on the hood where its making contact with the deflector (where the clay showed marks) and it should act as a mini bumper when the deflector deflects into the hood.