Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Looking for upgrade Ideas (new to forum)

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2015, 5:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Looking for upgrade Ideas (new to forum)

This is only my second post to the forum, not sure why I haven't found it until now. I own a 07 Silverado Ltz z71 5.3 (new body crew) 82k miles. I'm looking for ideas on upgrades. So please feed my brain. I've owned the truck for about 3 years now, and mostly everything I've done to it has been cosmetic. I know I want a lift and bigger tires since I live in a state where snow is a monster, I also would like a cold air intake, not sure on which though. The truck had a glass pack on it for exhaust that was installed like garbage and is now falling off, So I will be getting the exhaust system done in a few days.

Any ideas please throw them my way, Thanks everyone!
Old February 19th, 2015, 8:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends on what you're goin for and what you like.

Intake- AIRAID MIT kit is all you need, gives you power than an actual full intake like k&n or Volant etc. comes with the tube and filter, retain the stock air box.

Exhaust- personal preference. Youtube is your friend here. Magnaflow is my choice, but there is corsa, spintech, aerochamber, flowmaster(drones way to much), and many many more.

Lift/wheels/tires- how big are you Wantin to go? Also would look into gears and a custom tune if you do go to 35s. It'll help bring the back to stock get up and go it used to have.

I run 4.88s with my 35s and 22x14s and love it. Also have 3k stall, built transmission, Longtube headers, magnaflow, airaid intake, then custom tune to tie it together. Moves for as big as it is!
Old February 23rd, 2015, 5:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!