Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Lower air dam

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2007, 5:00 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower air dam

Hey all! I live in Nortnern Alberta, and we get alot of snow here. The reason why this worries me is because the new 2007 silverado comes with an additonal lower air dam. This looks pretty good, but I am worried about it getting ripped off this winter when I drive over a huge chunk of snow or something. Now it does give directions in the owners manual for removing it, but it says not to leave it off for too long, because it "can cause improper air flow to the engine" Is this really true, or do I not have to worry about removing this for the whole winter? Thanks guys!
Old August 20th, 2007, 8:53 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lower air dam

bump
Old August 20th, 2007, 9:45 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Lower air dam

the improper air flow would be for 'cooling' the engine and in LOL ALberta that wont be a problem in the winter, Im in BC, anyhow, you couldremove it I suppose but I have not seen very many break from pushing snow, moslty the hit a block of ice that has dropped off the back of another truck or something....the air flow also is to do with the flow under the truck for better fuel milage, again it wont make much difference...