Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Misfire 3 & 5 99 5.7l

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2011, 2:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire 3 & 5 99 5.7l

I have a 99 Chevy K2500 with a 5.7L that died on me a few weeks ago gave me the code for Cam to Crank, so replaced those and the ignition control module (prior to this also did a complete ACCEL tune up(plugs, wires, cap/rotor and ignition coil)), fired back up, not great. Was running rough and back firing after the second day, when I took to a mechanic because there were no codes now and thought timing was bad. He hooked his Snap On computer was off by 2 degrees, so he fixed that, and he looked at his screen a bit more and 3 & 5 cylinders were missing, so he thinks the Spider Injectors are bad. I figured maybe clogged so threw some Lucas cleaner through it nothing, it will stall out every once in a while and then died on my the other day. Waited for a ride and 15 minutes later turned it over it fired up and then died a few miles later, waited a while more and again fired up and died on the way home again, this time not firing up again. So had a friend come tow me home, and just for the hell of it tried it when I got home and fired right up with out hesitation. Through all of this still runs like a V8 on 6 cylinders. Before I go buy new injectors figure try this out and see if I can get some help. Basically No Codes, no engine light, but runs rough enough to chug the truck, wouldn't mind it if I had a big cam and had all 8 cylinders.
Old May 26th, 2011, 6:56 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my poppet stuck closed on #5, if it never opens the cleaner will never get thru it when i took it out it took 80 psi to unstick it i ditched the whole thing for the upgraded unit i got a AC DELCO unit on amazon for $215,check the fuel pressure also if the regulator leaks it dumps fuel into #5 intake port

Sean

97 4x4 burb