Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

MPG

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2008, 4:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MPG

hello,
I was wonderingwho knows howto get decentMPG ona 07 NBSsilverado 1/2 ton4.8L2wd ext. Lt1.themajor thing i've done is a leveling kit.everything else is cosmetic, and stock.I think itridiculously burns gas, I don't understand why it wastes so much, and it doesn't have that much power. It might be because the displacement isto small for the truck. Who knows.all i know isI should of stayed with my impala i traded in, it gotgood milage, and at leastwouldscreech the tires. well if anyone can help i will sure appreciate it. THANKS
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: MPG

well first off, i hope you didnt trade in the impala because you thought the truck would get better gas mileage, because if you did you should be asking yourself the questions not us. but it all depends on your driving habits. i got a 07 with the 5.3 and i average 15, which is mostly city driving, and on the freeway i can easily get 17-18mpg+.

you dont buy a truck to get good gas mileage, you get it because you need to haul stuff and tow things, so buck up and save that money you would lose in trading it in and use it for gas.
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:51 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: 900series

hello,
I was wonderingwho knows howto get decentMPG ona 07 NBSsilverado 1/2 ton4.8L2wd ext. Lt1.themajor thing i've done is a leveling kit.everything else is cosmetic, and stock.I think itridiculously burns gas, I don't understand why it wastes so much, and it doesn't have that much power. It might be because the displacement isto small for the truck. Who knows.all i know isI should of stayed with my impala i traded in, it gotgood milage, and at leastwouldscreech the tires. well if anyone can help i will sure appreciate it. THANKS
77michael just had a simular post I just replied to. Anyway I own a 06 4.8L it didnt get great MPG at first but after a few thousand miles it got better. We have a little over 25,000 and just had to change the plugs and I went to using Syn Mobil 1. I'm not sure exactly what we get now after the tuneup but its has been around 16-17 city and 18-20 hwy. I suggeted running it for a year or so then change over to Syn oil and try a K&N replacement box filter or cold air kit.

The specs for the 5.3L shows it gets better fuel economy and the dealer told me that but I just didnt beleive that was possible so I went with the 4.8L.

Does the 07 4.8L come with that new 8 cylinders for power then 4 cylinders for cruising. Our 06 also uses electric fan for cooling instead of belt driving cooling fans is that the same on the 07's?

We thought about trading it our 06 for a 5.8L with that option. Plus the 07 looks nicer inside and trimmer around the body. Our 06 crewcab is so hard to swing into a parking spot.
Old February 26th, 2008, 8:54 AM
CF Junior Member

i have the nbs 07 and i love it, gas mileage im running about 16-17 or so city, and highway anywhere from 17 - 20 depending if im in cruise control or manual throttle, also if the truck is in v8 or v4 mode. the fans are electric, and as far as parking is concerned, i have the extended cab which has plenty of room insidefor me, and it isnt that bad to park at all, but maybe im just used to it?
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:14 AM
CF Senior Member

http://www.extendedchevroletwarranty.comWelcome to the Chevrolet Forum!!!