Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Mud flaps

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2008, 8:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud flaps

I have a NBS '07 Crew and am thinking about installing some molded mud flaps for the front and rear. My dealer has the molded contoured black ones, but the back only comes with the bowtie. The fronts can be just plain black.

I'm not real wild about having the bowtie on the rear ones and would prefer just black.

Has anyone tried some from another vender?
Old February 8th, 2008, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Mud flaps

Can't help with another brand but here is something to be aware of with the mudflaps. If you install them, leave a bit of a gap 'tween the flap and the fender/paint. You wouldn't think this but the flap will flap being rigid or not. It'll move slightly and the road grime and dirt will work it's way into the space between the flap and the paint. In about 6 months you'll have bare metal. I took mine off to fascilitate some maintenance and was shocked that I was down to bare metal and corrosion was starting.

What I did when I reinstalled the flaps (after tending to the bare metal ) I took some of that household door jamb insulation foam tape, the thin stuff that is basically foam with an adhesive backing. I placed it along the edge of the flap that touches the paint. Peel and stick and then reinstall the flap with the hardware. Works great. I know of some that used silicone to fill the void. RVT will fade and also attract moisture and it chaulks after a long period of time exposed to UV and such.

So far so good.

Just a suggestion. I guess you could try the folks that make the floormats, Weather-Tech is it? I think you can order them with out logos.

Old February 9th, 2008, 10:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Mud flaps

Thanks! That sounds like a good idea.