Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

MY BREAKS STOP WORKING RANDOMLY PLEASE HELP/HID Problem as well

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2015, 9:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MY BREAKS STOP WORKING RANDOMLY PLEASE HELP/HID Problem as well

So since I got the truck about a month and a half ago, just about the 3 weeks I've been hitting the breaks sometimes hard sometime not and I get like a gear grinding feeling at the pedal, at first I thought abs but I know what abs feels like, the pads and rotars seem to have live left on them even though in the lady week I've heard the indicated scraping so I guess they need to be replaced but I still don't think that has to do with me loosing my breaks the prior 3 weeks.. Any ideas to what could be going wrong? I heard from a buddy maybe the break booster... But I don't want to tear intow that untill Im 99%sure...

I also have some questions on how to hook high and low beam up together so when I hit my brights my lows will stay on because at night it just obviously takes time to heat up and when I'm driving offroading it would be nice to have both on!! BTW I have 2 random plugs to knowhereland on my ballast, is this how you hook them up??? Or should I not touch it incase of frying it?? Either discussion, any idea them would be helpful I have a 2000 chevy Silverado LS 4.8L. Thanks guys!!
Old August 12th, 2015, 6:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as the brakes go, it they are wore down enough the pads will scrape the rotors. Also have you checked the rear?

I would leave the lights alone if they ain't broke don't fix em.