Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Need help Please

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2010, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help With 4L60e 4x4 transmision

Ok I have a 95 chevy k1500 4x4 z71 with a 350 and a 4l60e transmission the transmission doesnt slip but wont shift from 1st to 2nd unless you hold the accelerator at 3000 for a couple of seconds or let off and hit it again
it seams to shift fine into 3rd but i can tell if over drive is kicking in or not
when you hit the kick down gears it just revs up and nothing happons

i have changed both a and b solenoids and the tps sensor i have a bran new computer and the filter i recently put a botle of lycus transmission fluid in and it helps a little i am prity good with cars and trucks but a little nevus when it comes to fixing transmissions aside from replacing them.
i cant relay afford a used transmission rite now

just some thoughts but i keep thinking it could possibly be the valve body or the torque converter the truck has 320000 miles i would realy like to see it make it to atleast 500

im not sure if the transmission is orginal or not but it

Thank you in advance for your time

Shawn

Last edited by srothery82; April 11th, 2010 at 1:47 PM. Reason: realized title was non discriptive
Old April 12th, 2010, 7:33 AM
CF Beginner

Pretty old trans but if you think she still good and the electronics are going bad, You may try something pretty neat and cheap...Buy a transgo part# 46-mod... This little kit will able you to convert your trans to shift with a vaccum modulator...Pretty good for a transplant too!
Old December 23rd, 2010, 2:48 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same problem with my '94 Silverado. Did you find a fix for your problem?
Old December 23rd, 2010, 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

no unfortunately i haven't but nothing has change with the transmission still runs the same fugue ill keep using till it goes out then replace it

good luck and if you find out anything can you please let me know would be nice to have it work rite
Old December 25th, 2010, 8:15 AM
CF Beginner

I will keep checking around. I miss driving my truck and I'm scared I cause more problems if I don't get it fixed. At least I know it's not the solenoid, that's what I was going to try next.

Oh well, Merry Christmas!
Old December 27th, 2010, 12:28 PM
CF Beginner

I got information this morning to try taking the valve body off, cleaning it to assure none of the check valves are sticking and reassemble. Do you know of anyone who has tried this? If not, I guess it's worth a shot. I will let you know what happens.
Old December 29th, 2010, 1:45 PM
CF Active Member

to be safe id do a rebuild, itll only cost $100