Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Need help purchasing some heads for my 5.3

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2016, 10:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help purchasing some heads for my 5.3

Hey guys. I recently became victim to the Castec 706 Head crack issue at 150K miles. My engine oil came back from blackstone with very high readings of glycol and the inside of my heads are full of dexcool. Ive recently replaced my transmission, Ujoints, front carrier, transfercase, and put new tires on. This is my dream truck and i am rebuilding it to be reliable after i go to my first duty post. (Leaving for Airforce BMT March 22nd) I am in search of non castech heads that will work. I have the 5.3L and my truck is a 2003. I change my oil every 1000 miles to keep tue coolant from wrecking my bearings. I have zero sludge and the engine is very quiet so far. My friend donated headgaskets and bolts and said hed help me put them in. Can anyone help me with heads? Im not sure what to pay. Id like to go with a known good used set. Thanks!!