Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Need Scan Tool That Can Read TCCM Codes

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2016 | 12:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Need Scan Tool That Can Read TCCM Codes

Hello. My 2000 Chevy Silverado Z71 is stuck in 4WD high with my Service 4WD light on. I have replaced the buttons up on the dash, I have disconnected the battery cables overnight to see if it will clear it, I have had my fluids replaced for front & rear diffs and transfer case, none of this has helped. I am thinking about replacing my front actuator which is about $70, but I'm basically at the point of just throwing parts at it.

Does anyone know of a scan tool that they have personal experience with that costs less than $200 and will read codes from the TCCM? I did some searches and have found a few posts where people got real deep into hexadecimal conversions, etc. to make since of blinking lights on the buttons, etc, but I'm really looking for something that you don't have to jump through so many hoops to make since of. Something like the Tech 2 scanners, but way cheaper.
Old January 17th, 2016 | 9:35 PM
CF Veteran

pretty low price for a multifunction scantool...maybe try ebay
Old January 18th, 2016 | 5:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks. Can't blame me for trying. Would hate to spend more on the scanner than the truck is worth. Ha ha.
Old January 18th, 2016 | 11:43 PM
CF Veteran

oh I get it, I really do wish tools didn't cost so much.