Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

new bodystyle DMAX questions

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2010, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new bodystyle DMAX questions

hey im new to this forum since i dont have a chevy but as of recent been thinkin of maybe getting into a 07+ silverado 2500HD DMAX. kinda dissapointed in only a crew w/6.6 box is available on 2500 series and not 3500 but thats not to huge of a deal. How have people found the new diesel for reliability, major problems, mpg's (mpgs for people who have 35" shoes and lifts would be appreciated). also what kinda of lifts you using? one thing about chevy i find is that they "look" low. i know clearance stats tell you otherwise but i like a bigger sitting truck. i thought about a 4" cause of warranty but do they sit that high? i have a 6" in my 09 ram with 35's and kinda thought an 8" would be more suitable so how does that compare to your 2500HD's and lift configurations? im not a huge fan of the on-star for having a new phone number or however that works, dodge just has bluetooth and as soon as i hop in my phone and truck just link up and was wondering if chevy has anything like that? anything to watch out for in these trucks?