Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

NEW OWNER - 2003 Silverado LS Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2011, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking NEW OWNER - 2003 Silverado LS Suggestions

I just bought my first silverado a 2003 Silverado LS ext. cab. was hoping to get a few tips from some old pros for ideas with the truck. specifically would like some suggestions on floor mats. I live in iowa so winter weather is a reality and have found in past vehicles having the right floor mats helps considerably in keeping the vehicle clean. the truck is a 1 owner with 54K miles and is in good shape and I would like to keep it that way if possible any suggestions on floor mats and other things would be much apprecaited! Thanks & looking forward to constributing to the forum!
Old January 1st, 2011, 11:16 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.weathertech.com/store/pro...FQNrKgodbD7QoQ
weather tech floor mats, made in the USA with american made rubber using american made machines
doesnt get much better than them
Old January 2nd, 2011, 9:48 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2004 Silverado LS and have found that it is hard to keep clean because of dirt & mud at home and at work. Doh!

I got a set of tan floor mats from Costco - which set me back about twenty bucks. They are thick rubber and can be 'hosed off' instead of getting nasty like carpeted ones tend to do. Weathertech mats are probably the best, but they'll cost ya dearly.

Good luck with your truck, sir!!

P.S. Look at flushing out both your radiator/cooling system and the automatic transmission. Even though your mileage is low, the truck is now 8 years old.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
CF Beginner

excellent thank you for the suggestions. I do plan on going through and changing the fluids in the truck realizing the age,etc. i want to keep up on the maintence items.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Keep up on the wax too... It will make it easy to keep it clean and wash. On the floor mats i always go with a deep rubber tread. When I lived up north when the snow would melt off my boots I would rather have the mats collect the water rather than the carpet. Works with mud too.