Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

New Silverado step tubes

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2007, 11:54 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Silverado step tubes

I'm looking at a 2007 LTZ Extended Cab 4X4 with 17"wheels and 265 tires. Can anyone tell me how high the step tubes would be from the ground to the top of the step. My wife is limited to how high she can step because of back problems. Thanks for any help. Old Coot
Old April 25th, 2007, 5:40 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Silverado step tubes

Is the truck where you can measure it? The top of the tubes will be just about at the lower edge of the body, maybe an inch lower.
Old April 25th, 2007, 1:11 PM
CF Veteran

JUst tell her that GM 4x4's are lower then Ford and Dodge 4x4's and therefore the best choice.
Old April 25th, 2007, 2:31 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what engine said it wont get any lower then a GM so that is your best bet regardless
Old April 25th, 2007, 3:08 PM
CF Active Member

I know they are the lowest. I have a 2003 with Quadra Steer now. I have had Chevy or GMC 4X4s since I got my first one in 1970. But the new one seems to be highter then ours and I don't want to buy it and then find out she can't get in and out of it. I'm 70 and she is 69 and it is our only vehicle, except a 06 C6 Vette and that doesn't go out in the snow. Thanks for the come backs.
Old April 25th, 2007, 4:09 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

they are higher but still the lowest......the top of the step will be about 2 inches below the door sill and be out about 4 inches...you can also get a 6 inch oval type step that may come down lower...
Old April 25th, 2007, 4:16 PM
CF Veteran

ORIGINAL: Old Coot

I know they are the lowest. I have a 2003 with Quadra Steer now. I have had Chevy or GMC 4X4s since I got my first one in 1970. But the new one seems to be highter then ours and I don't want to buy it and then find out she can't get in and out of it. I'm 70 and she is 69 and it is our only vehicle, except a 06 C6 Vette and that doesn't go out in the snow. Thanks for the come backs.
If you can get in and out of a vette, I doubt she would have problems with a chevy 4x4. If you really want to find out for sure I would go down to your local chevy dealer and test it out. I am sure they would be more than willing to help you out. Good Luck
Old April 25th, 2007, 4:53 PM
CF Active Member

I've been down and looked and measured. In fact the dealer ordered it just like I wanted, hoping I wouldbuy it. I love the interior and the 6.0 engine, the exterior I can live with. Trouble is no one in this area hasthe tubes in stock so we can't be sure how high they would be.
We can get in an out of the Vette but she has trouble stepping to high. She hurt her back sometime ago and if she steps to high we go to the chiropractor Thanks again for the responses. I didn't know there was a forum for the Silverado till I started looking for this information, its GREAT.
Old April 25th, 2007, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

You could always getaftermarket nerf bars..Just an idea..I think they can even be lower than stock..I have them on mine, but I don'tknow anybody to compare them since they are popular around here...
Old April 25th, 2007, 8:02 PM
CF Active Member

Okay, you guys talked me into trying it. I called and told them we'd take the truck and I ordered Westin SS Tubes. If it isn't rite I'll blame you guys. []

Quick Reply: New Silverado step tubes