Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

newer taillights on a 99

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2005, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newer taillights on a 99

Hey guys! My father has a 1999 Silverado. I think in 1999 their Silverado output was 1/2 square body style and 1/2 of the round body style. My dad has the latter of the two, pretty much just like the 2000's. He has liked the taillights of the newer Silverado ever since they came out. For Christmas, I am thinking about buying him a set for his truck. My question is, will they fit his style truck? Thanks!
Old December 5th, 2005, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newer taillights on a 99

well actually people say no that you need to buy a harnest. You can actually make them fit in the getho, which is how I did it. I had to cut the plastic of the taillights to make the original plugs of the truck fit into the newer model taillights.If you dont want to cut and measure to save money, then you can simply buy the harnest (one for the left light and another for the right) and those simply connect to a square looking box which is located under the bumper. all you have to do is connect that and run it under the truck and just clip them on to those clipy things under the truck...... oh yeah in the dealer ship there harnest for the left side cost about 40 and the right side about 60 (because its longer).So you can spend 100 bucks if you have them or simply email me back and I can tell you what I did and how I cut them and make them fit. However, if you notice the 2005 model trucks have a total of 4 light bulbs, our model trucks only have 3. It still works only one light (located at the very bottom) will not be there to work, but it wont be noticable trust me. You'll know what I mean when you actually look at the taillight itself.