Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:18 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

No stereo sound in my 2007 silverado

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2011, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No stereo sound in my 2007 silverado

A few months ago my stereo stopped working in my 2007 silverado pickup. Prior to it not working I heard a noise like a speaker was shorting out near my dash. Also my turn signal indicator on the dash works and turn signals work but I have no turn signal sound inside the cab to let me know the turn signals work. My stereo turns on and lights up but you hear no sound. Does anybody have any suggestion?
Old December 30th, 2011, 5:18 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> You may want to check the turn signal relay. For the radio speakers, it may be a fuse. It is also possible that the speakers have become disconnected. These are only suggestions, it is not a diagnosis. It is difficult to diagnose a problem like this without a physical inspection. A certified technician should be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 3rd, 2012, 1:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion. Next question is where is the turn signal relay?
I looked under the hood in the fuse box but didnt see anything for turn signals. Also checked the fuse for the amp and stereo both are good. Does the speakers have there own fuse?
Old January 4th, 2012, 4:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> monstersaki,

The turn signal fuses are located in the Instrument Panel Fuse Block, which is located on the driver's side edge of the instrument panel (pgs. 612 & 613 of owner's manual).

Most speaker systems do not have their own fuse. I was referring to the Amplifier fuse.

The Amplifier and Audio System fuses are located in the Underhood Fuse Block, which is located in the engine compartment, on the driver's side of the vehicle (pgs. 615 & 618 of owner's manual).

If the Amplifier and Audio System fuses are good, it may be a wiring issue.

For your reference, this information is also available in the owner's manual.

A digital copy of the manual is available in the GM Owner Center at: GM Owners Center - GM. The Owner Center offers access to a digital copy of your owner's manual, stores your service records, and much more. It is free to join!

As for the turn signal relay, I'm sorry, but I am not a technician. I believe it is located under the dash, however starting with 2007 I am pretty sure they are BCM controlled. I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection for an official diagnosis. A certified technician will be able to offer an accurate diagnosis.

I hope this information is helpful!

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me!

Louis
GM Customer Service