Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

OnStar Wiring Question (part number?)

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2007, 4:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OnStar Wiring Question (part number?)

In a fit of stupidity, I broke the OnStar connector on my truck while installing my ipod adaptor. It is the blue connector (coax cable) that connects up behind the glove box. I have been unable to get my service advisor to tell me howmuch it will cost to replace it (lost GPS functionality).

Anyone have access to a wiring diagram that could lead to a part number. Also, if anyone knows where the cable terminates at the other end that would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Old August 12th, 2007, 2:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: OnStar Wiring Question (part number?)

I have a 2007 Silverado Extended Cab and since you have accidentally busted the antennaconnector on your OnStar I was wondering if you could give me a little help locating it as I don't have a use for OnStar and I do have a use for the GPS antenna connected to OnStar (connecting it to my GPS). I pulled the glove box door completely open and saw a box thinking it was the OnStar box. I disconnected the coax and the connector with 4 wires then turned on my truck. The OnStar light on the mirror came on, so I thought "maybe that was for XM"; hit the "Band" button on my radio to get to XM and it said "XM unavailable". The XM control box was the only one I could find behind the glove box. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Old August 12th, 2007, 4:37 PM
CF Beginner

You missed the onstar wire. It is a small coax that connects to the same box. It is the blue connector. The white one is XM. Is your 2007 a classic body style like mine (just in case they changed it on the new body style truck)?

Good Luck.

Old August 12th, 2007, 7:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Oh ya, my truck is the new body style. There's a yellow connector on the coax for the XM. Hmmm guess I need to get a bore scope or something so I can find that elusive box.