Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

passlock sensor issue

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2015, 12:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passlock sensor issue

Not sure if the sensor is bad or on its way out. I've replaced the hole ignition system from plugs to crank sensor to icm and coil. Come to the conclusion its got something to do with the padlock sensor. Anyone know if it's possible to test it with a multimeter and how? It was getting intermittent spark just after I'd died before I put any money into it. Then after changing a few sensors and try in to start it so many times. Now there's no spark at any cylinder. Please any help will greatly be appreciated. Its been sittin almost 3 months and I need it for work.
Old November 8th, 2015, 8:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

year, engine, trans options?
Old November 9th, 2015, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
year, engine, trans options?
03, 4.3I, auto. Double checked sensor today and it's puttin out 5v to pcm has a good ground an power source. Tracing wires back to pcm to look for a short. Any help will still be appreciated
Old November 10th, 2015, 7:57 AM
Super Moderator

sure sounds like a passlock problem. either get the body codes read and post then here or have a dealer perform a theft deterrent relearn procedure.
Old November 10th, 2015, 4:32 PM
CF Beginner

Fixed the antitheft problem. But I think I'm the process if figuring out it was that I fried something. Now I got power at coil and switching signal from icm good. But no spark. All grounds at good I checked wires and coil. All good and rotor is second new one I bought. Returned the first one thinkin it was bad. Any ideas on this new problem? haha
Old November 11th, 2015, 9:50 AM
Super Moderator

if you have power to the coil and the module is switching grd at the negative side of the coil I would suspect the coil. What did it ohm on the primary and secondary?