Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Please Help.

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2012, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help.

Hello, New to the forums.

Hopefully somebody can help me out.

I was given a 1998 C/K 2500 4X4 pickup. Its also known as a 1999 Silverado if it makes a differance...

Has a 350 5.7 ltr engine with A/C.

Truck did not run, when it was given to me. The Dealer told my step father it was the timing chain.

We pulled the timing chain cover off, and it was fine, put a new timing chain cover as well as a new crank sensor. back on since the old one had a hole in it.

Then we replaced all the spark plugs, wires, coil, control module, cap and rotor, and then the truck fired up and ran great for a few months.

Then it started acting strange... it would run fine while it was cold.. but as soon as it would reach operating temperature, it would sputter, pop, and buck, like it was running out of fuel... very poor acceleration.

I then changed all 4 O2 sensors, The MAP and MAS air sensors, and even replaced the distributor. Its still doing it... as soon as it gets warm pop, sputter, yadda yadda...

The cats seem fine.... I'm at a loss where to go from here...and I need my truck, either I fix it or I sell it and take my loss's.

Thanks for looking.
Old January 18th, 2012, 12:13 PM
CF Active Member

What is the fuel pressure? Did you pull codes? What about the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC)? Fuel Filter? Check with a vacuum gauge and read THIS. Check for vacuum leaks.

My WAG is Vacuum Leak or Fuel Injectors.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for info, and yeah, pulled codes etc...

Starting to lean towards fuel pressure / fuel pump...

But I'm selling the truck now... hopefully somebody will want it soon.

I just don't need it anymore.