Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2019, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!!!

I have a 2009 silverado 1500 5.3 and here’s my issue and I’m at a total loss with this thing!! So it keeps throwing codes po107 and po700 and when it throws theses codes the brake light come on dash along with traction control light and also abs light. When this happens it’s like it’s stuck in first gear and will not shift
heres what all I’ve replaced (I’ve spent over a 1,000$ in a month)
maf sensor
map sensor
the sensor behind grill witch I cannot remember it’s name.
New throttle body
new fuel pump control module
its been too 2 different mechanics and still hasn’t fixed the problem
please someone help or have any ideas!!!
id greatly appreciate any help you guys have for me!!
Old June 29th, 2019, 11:35 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Strange that it throws P0107 at the same time as P0700. Probably unrelated. P0700 is transmission related and will cause the vehicle to go into limp mode which is why it won't shift any higher. How many miles on the vehicle and has the transmission ever been flushed and filter changed?

This is an informational code telling you that a code is stored in the TCM and not an indicator of a bad TCM so don't go and replace the TCM thinking it'll fix the problem.

What you'll need to do is read the TCM codes. A standard OBDII code reader can't do this. You need one that can read the TCM module for codes. If you will be doing this yourself, I found an awesome $50 bluetooth device at Wal-Mart called the Hyper Tough HT200 made by Autel so it's from a reputable company. You need an android or iphone to get the HT200 app. Your first vehicle specific download is free. Get the GM download from the Mall and install it, It's 566 MB in size.. You then tap the GM icon, let it scan your car for the VIN, select the correct vehicle info then select Automatic and allow it to scan for all the modules in your silverado. You'll probably see many modules with error codes. Read each one and see if they give you any good info. Check the transmission control module and see what it shows for codes. These will tell you what it's actually detecting as wrong with the transmission.

I'll probably require you drop the transmission pan and replace a malfunctioning solenoid. Since this sound like an intermittent issue, I'm leaning toward a bad solenoid but there's also the possibility it's something more severe.

Last edited by KChevy75; June 29th, 2019 at 11:38 PM.
Old June 30th, 2019, 7:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KChevy75
Strange that it throws P0107 at the same time as P0700. Probably unrelated. P0700 is transmission related and will cause the vehicle to go into limp mode which is why it won't shift any higher. How many miles on the vehicle and has the transmission ever been flushed and filter changed?

This is an informational code telling you that a code is stored in the TCM and not an indicator of a bad TCM so don't go and replace the TCM thinking it'll fix the problem.

What you'll need to do is read the TCM codes. A standard OBDII code reader can't do this. You need one that can read the TCM module for codes. If you will be doing this yourself, I found an awesome $50 bluetooth device at Wal-Mart called the Hyper Tough HT200 made by Autel so it's from a reputable company. You need an android or iphone to get the HT200 app. Your first vehicle specific download is free. Get the GM download from the Mall and install it, It's 566 MB in size.. You then tap the GM icon, let it scan your car for the VIN, select the correct vehicle info then select Automatic and allow it to scan for all the modules in your silverado. You'll probably see many modules with error codes. Read each one and see if they give you any good info. Check the transmission control module and see what it shows for codes. These will tell you what it's actually detecting as wrong with the transmission.

I'll probably require you drop the transmission pan and replace a malfunctioning solenoid. Since this sound like an intermittent issue, I'm leaning toward a bad solenoid but there's also the possibility it's something more severe.
Thanks so much for your help!