Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

power booster+ master cylinder

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2010, 3:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power booster+ master cylinder

I need a lot of help, I have a 69 C10 Pickup (350Motor). I am trying to purchase a Power Booster with Master Cylinder to suit my truck. Is there anywhere i can find a part number for the booster?? as i have purchased 2 boosters (bought through Ebay) and both boosters will not fit my truck. The problem is, the connection from booster to firewall, One booster has a completely different bracket and the other has a lot smaller bracket. At this rate it might be cheaper to buy a new truck, as these parts are not readily available here in Australia, maybe someone can give me some info which will make it easy for me to buy the exact booster that i need. Any time i do a search on boosters all i get are Brand names, which state that they will fit my model truck but when i see a picture, there is no way that they will bolt onto the firewall. So if someone has any info that will help me purchase the correct booster it will be appreciated.
Old December 8th, 2010, 7:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

screw that man. 1969 had drum brakes front and rear. that car is a sled. Why dont you upgrade and save yourself the hassle? You already have 2 brake boosters. And in 1969 the firewall is a simple stamped piece of sheetmetal. So is the dash. Why dont you just drill the extra holes into the firewall to get the booster to fit, attach a longer brake pedal and convert to disk brakes? If you re in a different market sometimes you have to be creative.

LMCtruck.com will have that stuff but then again all brake systems are pretty much the same, you can go to your GM place there, Holden or whatever you guys call them. Even Ford can get you a brake booster.