Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Problems with Front Left Tire brakes...

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2008, 5:30 PM
k5
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Front Left Tire brakes...

Hi guys, (sorry about my english, i'm from Guatemala) i bought a Silverado K2,500HD las month, it was wrecked but
not a big deal, now i'm working on it, it seems that the seals on rear caliper was worn wo i changed it, the master
cyl was empty when i got the truck, now i'm trying to bleed the brakes, but there's no pressure on the front left tire...
There is just a few drops coming from theBrake Pressure Modulator Valve, so i read the brake bleeding procedure,
and says that i need aTech 2 Scan tool, there isan alternativebrake bleeding procedure, or should i take the truck
to the dealer (wich is really expensive in Guatemala)?... thanx...
Old August 29th, 2008, 12:02 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Problems with Front Left Tire brakes...

your english is ok, i have seen worse coming from americans, after sixpack.

you are dealing with a car after accident. what i'd have done is to jackstand it very securily, and inspect ALL brake lines for kinks, bends, damage, etc. if you have no pressure in one of the calipers, either line is torn somewhere, or one of the connections is loose, or one of the seals is loose.
of course, you have split brake system, so master cylinder could be damaged on that side seal too. but then, you'd have had front left/rear right brakes problem.
inspect lines very very thouroughly, plus all connections, etc. then, pull master cylinder out and remove piston. it's very easy job and brake system is quite simple indeed.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
k5
CF Beginner

Thanx for your answer man...

I've checked the lines, and i think the master cylinder it's ok because theABS unit it's getting pressure from both
linesfrom the Master Cylinder, but in the output to the tires there is pressure just for the right tire, and for the
left just afew of drops... couldbe that some valve or solenoid it's stuck in theBrake Pressure Modulator Valve?

Thanx for your input...
Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am still thinking clogged line.
will be no big deal to disassemble the side and flush/bleed everything. lines are very narrow inside, due to thick walls, so slightest kink can do it. disassemble that side line and blow it with strong aircompressor.
Old September 4th, 2008, 10:26 AM
k5
CF Beginner

Thanx man, Last night, I removed the line from the caliper and from the abs unit, it's free of obstructions...

And i checked again, and just a few drops comming out from the ABS Unit (BPMV)... There is just one line comming
from the master cylinder to the Brake Pressure Modulator Valve for the front brakes, and one for rear... and
there is pressure in one front tire, that's because i was thinking about a valve or something stucked in the
Brake Pressure Modulator, i'm thinking about disassembling it (what do you think about it?)...

The doubt for me is that the manual says that i need a scannerwith a certain funcion to bleed the brakes...
But that would my last option because here in Guatemala that scanner would be just in the Dealer, and here
that should be expensive...

Thanx again for your inputs... i really apreciate your help...