Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Problems in the morning

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2010, 4:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems in the morning

O.K. i have a 1992 Chevy Silverado V6, and for the past 2 months i have been experienceing trouble trying to turn it on in the morning. The funny thing is that it just does it in the morning and by the afternoon when the day is a little warmer it turns on on the first try. Dont know how much milage it has on it becuz the odometer is broken but i know it has high milage. It also has the TBI deal which i dont understand very well, but it has an aftermarket air intake from the LMC mag. Can somebody help me please??? Thanks
Old October 26th, 2010, 11:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Can you give a little more info about what exactly it does? Does it turn over at all or just click? Need to figure out if it's fuel, spark, or air related first. sounds either fuel or spark related so far...
Old October 27th, 2010, 4:55 AM
CF Beginner

Ok well it sounds like it wants to start but the engine just keeps turning and turing like it wants to but something is keeping it from starting. But after you get it running it wont do it again until the morning and only in the morning. It kinda sounds like when you have a cloged fuel filter or a bad fuel pump, but its not that becuz it does eventually turn on.