Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Put 20's wheels and tires on my 07 and gettting brake pulse when applied

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2009, 8:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am about to put 20's on

I am about to replace my 17's with 20's. (2009 Silverado) Sounds like letting the dealer do it is the way to go?
Old March 16th, 2009, 9:30 AM
CF Junior Member

i was just wondering if anyone could specify exactually where these clips are cause my buddy is having the same problem. Are they actually on the studs themselves, and if so are they on the inside or outside of the drum? thanks anyone got pics?
Old March 18th, 2009, 2:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by texascop2
I am about to replace my 17's with 20's. (2009 Silverado) Sounds like letting the dealer do it is the way to go?
Negative, if you are capable, do it.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 2:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by cdusthockey
i was just wondering if anyone could specify exactually where these clips are cause my buddy is having the same problem. Are they actually on the studs themselves, and if so are they on the inside or outside of the drum? thanks anyone got pics?
Ditto, where are these clips? I am getting a little shudder when I apply the brakes afte installing aftermarket wheels.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 2:29 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by rms
sorry I missed the boat on this one miss read the question. But remember changing the wheels to the larger size will void the warranty if the dealership does not do the work.
Negative,
read about the Mangnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Manufacturer is obliged to PROVE that any changes made are the direct cause of the damage that they do not want to cover. They can rarely produce this evidence.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 7:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by cdusthockey
I just fnished taking the clips off and like magic, the pulsation is GONE!!!! Thanks for the tip.
The clips are on the outside of the brake drum (are copper color) and appear to just hold the drum in place when all the lugs are off. They aren't necessary for anything.
Amazing that a 4 cent clip can cause all that pulsation!!!

Thanks for the great tip!!!!