Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Quadrasteer Owners?

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2017, 5:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, New here. I'm looking for quadrasteer parts. The rear sensor and actuator.

Where can I find the rear actuator for sale? Preferably new.
Is the actuator something that can be disasembled, fixed and reasembled?

Are there any Quadra steer parts that can't be found?
I am wanting to buy a quadra steer truck, but want to make sure there are replacment parts available.

Any info is appreciated!
Thanks, Chris
Old December 15th, 2017, 5:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Chris,
A quick search on ebay located several parts for quadrasteers. I've had mine for 12 years now and I did have a piņon gear go out, but that was a regular gear that was quickly and easily replaced. Other than that and a rat chewing through my upper transmission line, I've had not problems with the truck. Mine is a 1500HD crew GMC. I would say if you can find one, buy it. The reason I still have mine is because I love it and can't stand the idea of not having it.
Old January 13th, 2020, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have owned my 2005 GMC 1500 HD Quadra steer pick up since new. The biggest regret is that they stopped making them! I am just about 250,000 miles in and have had practically no issues. When the truck was still in warranty, I had to replace the engine rear seal, the four-wheel-drive actuator (twice I think). And a small rust-through area at the back of the cab. Other than regular maintenance, she has been a gem. If you can find a properly taken care of Quadra steer, I recommend buying it.

[QUOT=info;36676]Anyone have Quadrasteer? I have done hundreds of searches and can't really find anything bad about it, but all the post seem to be from atleast a couple years back.

I am thinking about getting a 2500 4x4 with quadrasteer with 57000 miles on it. It shifts in and out of 4x4 perfectly, except for the quadrasteer light starts blinking the two wheel steering light and then goes back to 4 wheel steering about 10 seconds later.

Is this normal?

I test drove it all day and really like it. However when I was doing lots of sharp turns in 4wd high it came out of 4 wheel steering twice. I was goingless than10 mph doing numerous hardturns in a culdesac for short periods of time. When it came out it wouldn't go back into 4 wheel steering until I turned the car off and back on.

The truck has tons of electronics,which I wish there were a few less, but there is an available warranty that covers most of them for 4 years unlimited miles.

Anyone with Quadrasteer please let me know what you think about it.[/QUOTE]
The following users liked this post:
ShootinSquid99 (August 13th, 2021)