Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

question about trucks

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah or better Lockouts! I miss my 85!
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:43 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pushbutton is not a problem. I noticed the people who don't have pushbutton usually talk bad about it. Yea I'm talkin to you Cody, LOL. I'm just kiddin brotha!! It's fine though, I would do the same thing. Plus it's shift on the fly instead of that neutral crap. Lockouts? Is that like those manually locking hubs? I remember a friend of mine had a ford that had those manually locking hubs. He was actin all bada&& and drove into some mud. He got stuck cuz he forgot to lock them hubs. It was funny to see him have to get out, crawl through the mud, and lock them hubs. That is crap!! LOL
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:47 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by donjuandejohnson
true. push buttons can get stuck
And not to mention there is more crap to go wrong and break
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:50 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by 992door
And not to mention there is more crap to go wrong and break
As with every technological advancement that requires a more sophisticated assembly and more moving parts. You just have to weigh the odds, pros, and cons.
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:11 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea that is true
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98white5.0
Pushbutton is not a problem. I noticed the people who don't have pushbutton usually talk bad about it. Yea I'm talkin to you Cody, LOL. I'm just kiddin brotha!! It's fine though, I would do the same thing. Plus it's shift on the fly instead of that neutral crap. Lockouts? Is that like those manually locking hubs? I remember a friend of mine had a ford that had those manually locking hubs. He was actin all bada&& and drove into some mud. He got stuck cuz he forgot to lock them hubs. It was funny to see him have to get out, crawl through the mud, and lock them hubs. That is crap!! LOL
I didnt talk bad about the pushbutton somone else said that before me! Lockouts are where you manually lock the hubs and you know its locked!! They were on older chevys!
Old May 20th, 2009, 12:55 AM
CF Active Member

I prefer the push-button actually; the floor shifter, in all fairness, is just plain tacky. Flip-on-the-fly 4WD is quick and seamless; I've never had an issue.
Old May 20th, 2009, 2:53 PM
CF Junior Member

i live in the prp, valley station area.
my highschool is about 5 miles away and its basically 3 stops
one road is straight 35 mph for about 3 miles, the other is 25 for 1/2 mile and the road after that is about 20-25 for 1 1/2 miles
and yea my moms blazer has the push button, i like it, its convient, but we havent used it except for this past winter since we bought it new
i kinda like the manual shift, i dont like to have alot of electronic stuff that can fail
but you think on a 95+ shortbed i could get 17+ mpg if i drive the speed limit and not floor it when i take off lol
if i can then ill def. get a 4x4 because ive got alot of places to go muddin at around here
if it can get the mpg of the blazer then ill get one because the blazer was going to be my car until i wanted a truck
Old May 20th, 2009, 4:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'll take my tacky floor shifter any day. IMO, 992door is right. I don't see any threads that start out "I can't get my floor shifter to work..." PB4WD is a tech innovation which hasn't become reliable, yet.

OP, you either love gas economy or a big truck. Maybe next century we'll have advanced technologically to where you can have your cake, and eat it, too.
Old May 20th, 2009, 5:29 PM
CF Junior Member

yea im not looking for a 40 mpg truck
if i wanted gas mileage id get a car like my sister
i just dont want to be getting 12/15 city/hwy mpg
cant afford that on a part time job lol

Quick Reply: question about trucks