Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Rattles

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2013, 10:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattles

I have a 2012 silverado ltz..I had an annoying rattle in my dash next to the steering wheel close to the vent..anyways I took it to the dealer twice. It only has 1800 miles on it..it's still got a bad squeak and rattle after they replaces the fuse cover, knee bolster, and another panel that contained the vent. I've been here twice and it isn't fixed..has anybody else experiences this because it drives me nuts..pay that much for a new truck and it rattles..I'm starting to get some rattles in my doors too. Thanks
Old January 11th, 2013, 3:13 AM
CF Beginner

Something is loose !! and give more detail where the rattle is coming from exactly
Old January 11th, 2013, 7:33 AM
CF Junior Member

below the steering wheel is where the knee bolster panel is..anyways, they thought it was coming from that..they replaced that and the rattle is right above the knee bolster left of the steering wheel almost close to the gauges..that is the best way i can explain it..it sounds as if almost it has too much pressure and is squeaking.
Old January 15th, 2013, 3:11 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> dgriffith,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your truck. This may be due to the fuel line or fuel line bracket. This is just a suggestion and is not meant as a diagnosis.

I recommend consulting with your certified technician for additional assistance.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service