Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Ready for winter, are you?

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2015, 9:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready for winter, are you?

I currently live in upstate NY, temperatures get insanely low, tons of snow, and gallons of salt. It's not uncommon to see a 5-6 year old truck that is completely eaten by salt. I just bought a 2013 silverado 1500 5.3 LT Z71 4x4 this summer and I am refusing to lose this thing from winter. So this is what I have done so far.

Undercoating. They offered it for an extra 2 bucks a loan on the financing or (400 total) but it has a 5 year warranty and it's worth it.

Weather tech floor mats, front and back over the hump, and it's complete coverage for your floors. About $240 for both.

Pendaliner bed liner. It was about $170, I know they aren't the greatest for rust, but they offer excellent protection, and as long as you clean under it a couple times a year you should be fine, and compares to the $500 bucks for a spray on, it's a good deal. And it's incredibly well made! Caps over the hooks and everything.

Husky bed rail caps. My truck didn't come with any, and that's way too much open metal for me to be comfortable with. $80

Weather tech no drill mud flaps/splash guards.($80 for front and back)

Husky rear wheel well liners ($130) pop in with some quick rivets/snap in

Carhartt custom fit seat covers. Easy to install, machine wash and dry, water repellent. Awesome.

Frame tube plugs ($13). There's a tube across my Fram at the rear of the truck for some reason. This is just some sylicone caps to close those off.

I also got some good tires for winter. I got bf Goodrich K02's with a 2" leveling kit. A very agressive tire, with little to no cab noise and excellent performance.

I'm still looking at freeze plug heaters and I'm open to new ideas so if you have some feel free to post