Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Removed door panel-driver switches stopped working

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2007, 9:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removed door panel-driver switches stopped working

I removed my door panels today to replace my handles with some Escalade handles. After I put the panels back on, the light, window and lock controls don't work on the driver's door-passenger is fine. The power mirror only works on the driver side. The keyless entry only works on the passenger door. The interior light doesn't come on when the drivers door is opened. It's kinda like my truck doesn't recognize the driver door anymore. I checked the fuses I thought I needed to,-I am open to all suggestions. I have searched everywhere and cannot find a solution, I really don't want to go to the stealership, but I am running out of options.
Old October 9th, 2007, 12:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Removed door panel-driver switches stopped working

Don't know if this is a similar situation, but I recently had one of my batteries replaced on my 04 Duramax C2500HD. After I left the shop, I noticed the 2 a/c ducts on the driver side were blowing cold air, and the 2 on the passenger side were blowing hot air. Someone on the Duramax site said that I should shut everything off on the truck before removing the batteries. So I did, disconnected the batteries, and hooked them back up. Now everything is working fine.

Good luck,

RickN
Old October 9th, 2007, 6:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Removed door panel-driver switches stopped working

Thanks for the reply-I tried disconnecting the negative terminal for about 15 minutes after it quit working, but it didn't make any difference.