Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Removing Door Panel

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2010, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Door Panel

I have a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado Regular Cab WT. I blew the driver side door speaker and need to remove the door panel to get to the speaker. I can get to everything, only one problem. The only thing keeping me from removing the door panel is that stupid manual roll up window lever. I need to get it off and don't know how, any suggestions?
Old December 8th, 2010, 7:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Push the door panel in around the handle shaft.
Look in between behind the handle and you should see some sort of clip or release thingy.
Old December 8th, 2010, 8:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yea, a long thin screwdriver blade should be enough to depress the clip and then you can shimmy the crank off. Even a paint scraper should work.

I have to do the same thing in my Suburban because I was out there yesterday and apparently any Oval GM key(since I have 3 GMs) inserted in the lock can unlock the drivers door. The lock cylinder has to be busted inside with the tumblers and whatnot. My problem is I found out yesterday and it is butt cold here.
Old December 20th, 2010, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Why don't you unscrew them and take it off completely and then remove the door and get to the speaker. and you can get it fixed it back.
Old December 25th, 2010, 1:06 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gray123
Why don't you unscrew them and take it off completely and then remove the door and get to the speaker. and you can get it fixed it back.
If I understand this correctly you think I all screws off? Tere are a few screws and you also have to take off lock thing and lift it up and pull it out. The only thing keeping me from removing it is the window lever. Which doesn't screw in and out. It is held in there by something I can't figure out to well.