Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Rubberized Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2008, 10:26 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubberized Steering Wheel

Ok, so I have a upgraded WT (some stuff from LT1 and maybe some from LT2, no badging or anything) and as such, I have the steering wheel with "rubber" on it now, mine is peeling off in a particularly odd place, namely where my hands *aren't* rubbing it. And undernearth this rubber stuff seems to be shiny black plastic. I'm debating whether or not to peel the rest of the rubber crap off to get to the shiny black underneath. My question is, is plastic that is rubberized solid shiny black? Like, chevy wouldn't use composite colors in the molding process right? Either way, heres a crappy cell phone pic I took yesterday.
Old May 1st, 2008, 10:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Rubberized Steering Wheel

To peel or not to peel, that is the question. This is a problem for GhostBusters, or something. What is peeling is texturized film for grip, I would guess. If it isn't in your grip area, I would leave it alone, or peel it till it won't peel anymore. Out of warrenty work means live with it I guess.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 7:03 PM
CF Junior Member

sorry, double post. Real reply below.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 7:04 PM
CF Junior Member

I see what you're saying. I have an LT1, so i have the leather wrapped steering wheel. On my truck, the part where the rubber is comming off on yours is a silver plastic piece, no rubber. You may want to see if you can possibly get a solid black piece from the dealership or a part # at least so you can look into cheaper venues, but most of the vehicles i see have the silver piece in that spot.